Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering

How can I contain it?!  I've not been THIS excited for so long.  I'm amazed and humbled and overwhelmed with "WHOO HOOO!!!!!" and I want to just blurt it all out and share it right-this-very-moment.

Instead of blabbering, I'm going to lay out the pieces of this awesomeness.

Finding the corners first and turning each one over to show the top side, and then I'll piece together a small portion of a small picture inside one small speck.

Last night (February 01, 2011) I was able to get a glimpse of the complexity and the perfection of the unique "jigsaw puzzle" that God purposefully created for me.  I am so amazed by what He chose to reveal to me.


Here are a few pieces that fit together to make one perfectly gorgeous picture:


My husband is an avid collector of coats.  He has too many.  It annoys me.

His defense is this:
 "Well? I need a work coat for the winter but sometimes it's not as cold, so I need a lighter coat, too.  Sometimes I need to layer... sometimes it's raining... so I need a lighter coat and a waterproof jacket.
Well? This coat is for church.  This one is casual.....
NO! Don't get rid of that coat- it's my working-on-the-car coat... I know it's stained and gross and has a gaping hole in it- but- okay fine, you're right.... I'll just use my other coat for the working on the car coat, and I'll look for a new one to replace the other one and..... "

Seriously.  He's like a girl.
(A studly, manly, masculine, mans-man girl....)

We are also super thrifty- (read: poor) so most of these coats come from  our thrift shops.

Last year, my husband forked out a whopping $10 on the purchase of  not one, but TWO (like NEW) Burton coats.  


I wasn't as annoyed.
(Ok fine- I was freaked out excited. Between the two coats, their worth was over $600.)

These are awesome coats; we'd have never been able to afford them retail, outlet, or even on ebay!!
He gave one to his brother-in-law, and kept the other for himself.

It's because he has SO many coats, however,  that our closet and our coat racks are full!!
I'm the clutter-police 'round these parts......  and my husband breaks the law daily.

He tossed the Burton onto the banister on his way inside the door this day; and  HE LEFT IT THERE?!

Annoyance upon annoyance.


A few months ago I was at a gas station and locked my keys in the car.  Sadly- I had also planned on being at my daughter's class party 30 minutes after I slammed the door shut (literally) on those plans..... and my keys.

Minutes before locking my keys in my car,  I had confirmed my presence and willingness to help in the classroom with her teacher.  I didn't have a way to contact the teacher to let her know I wouldn't be there.  I visualized another strike going on my "She's a Flake" chart.

(Murphy's Law... aka Amber's Law).

I hate making plans.  It seems as if I'm always breaking them.  I feel like a fruit-cake; and know that there isn't a person on the planet that should put stock in depending on me to show up on time, at the right place, with the right things, for the right event.


Something seems to happen ALL the time.  "If it can go wrong, it usually does" when I try to put a plan in stone.

I was annoyed.  And irritated.  (With myself).
My brother (who "happened") to be working at the restaraunt above the convenient store came to my rescue donning a hugenormous screw driver and a coat hanger.

He tried and tried and tried to get that coat hanger to push down on my door locks; but he wasn't able to.  My sister came to my rescue and drove me to my house so that I could (search frantically) find my spare key. Which I did, but certainly not in time to get to school.

And I was annoyed about it.  And irritated that I had to cancel yet again on plans that I had made



Since I've had my van, the thingy that holds up the hood (you know what I'm talking about? The metal rod thingy?)- anyway- that thingy has been detached from my van.  You have to red-neck it and prop the hood up on it, never knowing if the rod is going to slip and cause the hood to fall on top of your head- killing you instantly!!!_ just cause you wanted to be smart and check your oil.

I've been so irritated with that stupid-rod-thingy; wondering why I always had to have red-neck things go wrong with my car.

Why!? Why can't the rod-thingy be attached like it's s'pose to?
Why does my van suddenly want to be leaking water from underneath the carpet?
Why does the van door handle get stuck if you try to open it from the inside, causing me to have to pry it open with a quarter, or a knife, or (if  and when) those don't work I have to pound on it with the side of my fist to get the handle button thing to pop out!!  One time I had to pick my kids up late for school because nothing worked, and with out the handle button popped out- the van door wouldn't close.  Sigh.
Why can't I have a spare tire like a normal person. Instead of having to drive on my spare tire because the other tire's rim got bent when I hit a pothole, and we can't afford a new rim?!?!
Why do I have 3 different tire brands on my car, causing the van to scare-the-poodle out of me when I drive in the rain?
I don't know why.... but after last night- I kind of got a glimpse.

These are the things that I complain and whine about.
This is my heart condition. Bratty.  Whiney. Unthankful.

Last night changed a lot of that.
Next blog I'm going to piece together this (whiney) puzzle, and explain why it is that I feel a new hope toward being changed forever.

I am truly thankful for a redneck car, and a husband that leaves his coat on the banister, I'm thankful that my keys got locked in my car, and that I'm a flakey flake that seems to fall under Murphy's Law more often than I'd ever choose to.

In case you were wondering:

I. Am. So. EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment