Friday, January 30, 2009

Step One, Step Two

Joshua and I have been working a lot with Leah; we try to encourage her to stand alone, and in the last few days, she has been getting more gutsy. She'll stay up for a few seconds and then sit herself down. Today!!!!! Today, she stood for, eh, I don't know, maybe 20 seconds (awesome!!). She was just kinda looking around. And I sort of coaxed her to try to move toward me. Typically, she'd have just flung herself forward, but TODAY she moved one little leg forward and then fell. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not all. I'm all about pushing the limits, so I grabbed her paci (I know, terrible) and sort of used it as bait. After a few tries, she took a COMPLETE step. One foot forward, second foot forward, and then she flung herself at me. I could cry. I COULD JUST CRY!!! I know it's not, by most standards, a very huge deal, but I have been inwardly scared to death that there was something wrong with her. oh, I've been praying and praying and praying and Joshua has been Mr. Optimist and said that she just had no desire to stand or walk. I mean? Why would she need to, or want to? I guess she's ready to get in on the action a little with a little more mobility. Good news. Ahhhhh.

So, I'm beyond psyched. Had to share the 'proud mommy' news

No comments:

Post a Comment