Thursday, April 15, 2010

Popeye the Sailor Man

There are times that I've thought to myself   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?!?!  HAH!"  (insert scoff) I've often rephrased it to "What doesn't kill you, makes you wish it had."

Having been faced with many unenviable life challenges, I have to admit that in the moment, I found myself begging God to just "take me out".  Sad, but true.   Of course, like He promised, the challenge was never more than I could handle, and it did, IN FACT, make me stronger.  (At this point, I should be a body builder!)

The Word says to ALWAYS stay on guard.  Always!  Why?  Because the enemy wants to KILL us... (or make  us wish he had).

It's during those hard fought circumstances that I am made aware of just how weak I am when my eyes are not on JESUS.  When my focus is on ME (or somebody else) I'm Popeye with out his can of spinach.  Weak. Puny.  Feeble.  Lame.  

I'll say it again- because it's worth repeating- I am PRAISING God for the hardship I am going through. I've had a continual awareness of JUST how imperative it is that my eyes are on THE LORD- always.  ALWAYS!

I'm thankful that He has BOAT LOADS of spinach for me to take as I need.  I may have to plug my nose to get it down.  I may have to puree it so that I don't choke on it.... but it's there when I need it.  Always.

I'm praying for the day that I have (not only) acquired a taste for it, but that I CRAVE IT.  That I hunger for it.  That I can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment