Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mommyhood

5 minutes.

The time that goes by without an interruption, or an explosion of
"MomEEEE!!!!".  

It doesn't matter what I'm doing.

Cooking.
Cleaning.
Folding laundry.
Writing.
Reading.
Taking a bath.

Interruption.

"She took my doll."
"She won't get out of my room."
"She hit me."
"She... They... But can I... Why won't you... Why NOT?!?"

At the end of my rope I grasp, losing my sanity. I can't do this Mommy thing!!  I can't be patient when I need to be. I can't use calm, yet assertive words to get my point across!!!  I can't have a thought long enough to keep it as my own before it is robbed from me!!!

And just when I think I've had more than I can handle, one of them comes to me and says- out of the blue, in the midst of my chaos,

"I love you!!  You're the BEST mommy in the world!!!"

And it all disappears. The frustration melts away, and I am suddenly refreshed with more will, and more strength to live up to what they believe to be true.

I'm a good mommy??

No.  

I'm the BEST mommy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment